Katy Perry on Addressing Divorce in 'Part of Me': It's Great If I Can Help Someone Else

Katy Perry has opened up about the reason why she chose to feature her divorce with Russell Brand in 3D documentary movie "Katy Perry: Part of Me". In an interview with MTV, the singer claims her personal struggles could help fans get through their own issues.

"It's not about the problem; it's about how you solve it," she says of what she hopes fans would learn after seeing her movie. "And if I can be an example showing people that they don't have to lay down and die because they've been thrown a curveball, then that's great."

"If I can help someone else out because they feel like the only loner in the world or the only person that is going through the situation and they see me and they're inspired to keep moving forward, then I've done my job," she further gushes.

Still speaking of the moral message contained in the film, the "Teenage Dream" songstress elaborates, "In my personal struggle, you see me not changing and not giving up on this dream that I've had my whole life. Hopefully people are inspired by that."

She adds, "You don't always see me with all the gorgeous lighting and makeup on and all that. I think it's fine. Hollywood is so fake and people need to realize that people are just people, and you, too, don't need to be born into something or have money or have whatever product someone is hawking on you. Find out what your gift is and nurture it."

Insisting that excluding her divorce from the movie would be weird, Perry explains, "It's not nice to air all your dirty laundry, because that stinks, so I had to be very delicate with the situation, but I couldn't avoid the elephant in the room. If you were to have seen that movie and walked out and my breakup wasn't at all mentioned like it never happened, you'd be like, 'Eh, this is weird, what is she trying to hide?' I don't like to hide."

At the Hollywood premiere of "Katy Perry: Part of Me", director Dan Cutforth has said that "there was never really any discussion of taking out the scenes that are a bit more emotional." He stated, "I think it was important to Katy. People knew what she went through was not easy for her, and to make it look like it was would have been untruthful, and that's not her way."

Having been released in the U.S. on July 5, "Katy Pery: Part of Me" explores several aspects of the singer's life - from her strict upbringing and her label disputes to her huge California Dreams Tour and her much-publicized divorce from Russel Brand. Cutforth teamed up with Jane Lipsitz to direct and co-produce the movie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More