Artist of the Week: Rita Ora

 Paving her way in music industry by having her voice featured in already famed artist Craig David's "Awkward" (2007) and "Where's Your Love" (2008), Rita Ora soared atop the U.K. Singles Chart with her debut single "R.I.P" last May. She later broke into Billboard Hot 100 with Tinie Tempah-assisted "How We Do (Party)", which peaked at No. 62 and charted high in several other countries.

Previously auditioning for BBC's "Eurovision: Your Country Needs You" before she withdrew after a few episodes in 2009, the British singer made a brave move by leaving her home country and jetting off to New York. The decision proved to be right since it's during her stay in the Big Apple that she met Jay-Z, who later signed her to his company Roc Nation.

Under Jigga's record label as well as Columbia Records, Rita is now set to release her debut studio album "ORA" on August 27 in the United States. To give fans another preview to her music, she will soon debut "Radioactive" as her next U.S. single. " 'Radioactive' is going to be perfect because it's a breath of fresh air," she recently said of the upcoming track. "And it has a lot of great moments in it. It's not a pop-pop track, it's just a very cool track."

Describing what kind of music that will be heard in her album, the 21-year-old promised that it would not focus only on one genre. "Because I want people to know that I like pop music, but I also love reggae music, I love Eric Clapton, I love all these old souls that my dad force me to listen to [growing up]," she explained. "I want to make it really clear that my album doesn't have one specific genre. Because growing up I've never listen to one specific style of music."

While preparing to unleash her own record, the blonde star who has denied that she has a romantic relationship with reality star Rob Kardashian was serving as the opening act at Coldplay's tour on most of their U.K. dates earlier this summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More