Kate Winslet Appalled by Her American Accent in 'Titanic'

 Although her portrayal as Rose DeWitt Bukater in "Titanic" landed her multiple nominations and won some as Best Actress, Kate Winslet doesn't think she did a good job for the role. Watching back the movie for its 3-D release, the actress chastises herself as saying, "My American accent is appalling!"

Talking to PEOPLE, the "Mildred Pierce" leading lady continues sharing her thoughts, "Here we are 15 years on, and I've learnt so much more, not just about myself but the job that I do and the world of film, and I look at myself in Titanic and I wish I could bring all this knowledge that I now have into that."

In a separate interview with CNN, she furthermore criticized her accent, "It sounds terribly self indulgent but actors do tend to be very self-critical. I have a hard time watching any of my performances, but watching 'Titanic' I was just like 'Oh God, I want to do that again'." To MTV, she added, "[It] could've been much better. My acting could've been a lot better."

How about her on-screen love interest Leonardo Dicaprio? According to James Cameron, the actor also had a tough time watching it. "We had a good reminisce and, of course, he was guffawing at what a kid he was in the movie. I think he hadn't seen it in a while and seeing it on a big screen, he was literally just snorting into his hands at one point," he opened up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More