Justin Bieber Poised to Debut High on Hot 100 With 'Boyfriend'

 Justin Bieber is bound for a big debut on Billboard Hot 100 this week. Through his newly-released single "Boyfriend", the teen pop singer is estimated to pull in around 400,000 downloads by the week's end on Sunday, April 1.

By gaining such high sales number, Bieber could easily surpass his previous best sales week for a song, which he posted last year with "Never Say Never". Back then, he peaked at No. 5 on Digital Songs chart with 199,000 downloads.

On top of that, Bieber might notch the best sales week of the year for a single if he's able to surpass Katy Perry's opening sales number. A month ago, the West Coast singer busted the chart with "Part of Me" which garnered 411,000 copies.

According to Billboard, response from radio listeners looks just as promising as its sales. After just two days being launched on radio, the single is already in the top 20 with more than 800 first-week plays, and this could send Bieber to land on Hot 100's top 5.

If the Canadian singer managed to enter the U.S. single chart higher than No. 5, it could mark his highest Hot 100 entry. Among his charting singles, the "Mistletoe" singer had a highest start with his claim-fame single "Baby", which arrived at No. 5 two years ago.

"Boyfriend" is taken from Bieber's new album "Believe". Choosing the single as a first official offering was "really hard," so Bieber opened up in an interview with Ryan Seacrest. "We had so many songs, so many up-tempos we could have released, and I thought we should slow it down a little bit."

"There's so many people that are going to give me opinions and tell me how my career should go, but I'm the only one who can ultimately make those decisions, because I am the one who is going to have to live with my career for the rest of my life."

Talking about the content on the album, he gushed, "It's kind of classic, I feel. Because the songs I feel won't get old. The music is very fresh, but it's also I'm taking a lot from old school music, like a lot of Michael Jackson is inspired in this album. A lot of old R&B. A lot of old pop. Just stuff that I feel I can bring into, but also make fresh and new. So, it's pretty special."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More