Angelina Jolie Talks Kids, Marriage and Directorial Debut



For the umpteenth time, Angelina Jolie has to address the rumors that she is going to tie the knot to long-time partner Brad Pitt and have another child with him. The actress clarified in the latest issue of Vanity Fair that she is not pregnant, not planning to adopt and not having a "secret wedding" in her agenda.

Brad and Angelina are already raising six young children, three of whom are adopted. She found the time to write her first movie, "In the Land of Blood and Honey", only when she was separated from the kids due to flu. "I had to be quarantined from the children for two days," Angelina recalled. "I was in the attic of a house in France. I was isolated, pacing. I don't watch TV and I wasn't reading anything. So I started writing. I went from the beginning to the end. I didn't know any other way."

Brad was pulling double duties at this point, being her lover and the critic of her work. "He'd come in and say what he liked or what he didn't understand. Like any woman, I would listen to most of it and fight a few things," Angelina said. "It's hard to separate the person that loves you from the critic, so I don't think he's a fair judge." But in the end he called and told her, "You know, honey, it's not that bad."

On being a first-time director, Angelina said, "I've never felt more exposed. My whole career, I've hidden behind other people's words. Now it's me talking. You feel ridiculous when you get something wrong." This in fact has something to do with her position as an actress. "Brad thinks I'm going to be a nightmare," she joked. "I had such a good experience he thinks I'm going to be impatient with directors, which I already am. I get impatient with people working on a film that have their head in their hands like it's the most complicated thing in the world." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More