Lady GaGa Offended Over Claim That She Uses Gay Community to Sell Records

An avid supporter of LGBT community, Lady GaGa was forced to deny accusation that she uses gay community to boost sale of her songs and albums. In an interview with the Advocate for its newest issue, the Mother Monster called the claim absurd. "My love for my gay fans is just pure, authentic love for them as supporters of me from the beginning," she said. 


"To say that I would use the gay community to sell records is probably one of the most ridiculous statements anyone can make about me as a person," she elaborated her statement. "I would say the top thing I think about every single day of my life, other than my fans, loving the music, and my family being healthy, is social justice and equality." 


The outlandish singer, who repeatedly said she was bullied and had her own struggle, additionally said that she felt "connected to their struggles as someone who is a part of their fight." The "Born This Way" hitmaker went on, "Anyone who says that I'm not genuine is not interested in overcoming this fight." 


One of the unforgettable moments she shared with her gay fans was when she shared an emotional hug with a young gay man in the military. "We just held each other and cried," she said. "I remember thinking, 'There's no album sale, no Number 1, that could compete with this moment.' That is what the f*** it's all about. What the f*** it's all about is if I can write one song that could change one person's life." 


Earlier this year, GaGa pursued Target to make an ally with the LGBT community, but the meeting with the giant company met a dead end. Looking back at it, she said, "You're either going to try and change or you're not. Taking an ambiguous stance is not what I'm about, obviously. I like to go right for the ass-kicker. You're either in or you're out. I'm from New York. I know bulls***. I can smell it from a mile away." 


In addition to addressing the controversy surrounding her relationship with the gay community, GaGa also talked about rivalry with other female artists. "There's no drama, there's no jealousy, there's no competition," she insisted. "They're just happy to see other women winning. I just feel so connected to Madonna in a lot of ways, and I feel connected to Barbra [Streisand], and I feel connected to Cher and Blondie and all of the women who came before me." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More