Gwen Stefani on Pregnancy: 'You Don't Feel Cute, You Feel Disgusting'

In the age of the incredible shrinking post-baby body (we're looking at you Adriana Lima, Gisele Bundchen and Miranda Kerr), Gwen Stefani doesn't mind admitting that, far from feeling beautiful, pregnancy made her feel "gross."

“I mean, I’m very vain. That would be my middle name," she toldElle magazine. "Of course I am, you know what I mean? I love the visual.

“You feel pretty gross when you are first pregnant. You don’t feel cute, you feel disgusting. You’re getting fat. It was hard.”

Gwen has two sons, Kingston, four, and Zuma, two, with husband Gavin Rossdale, and while she felt gross while she was pregnant, these days she's back to walking red carpets in slim, stylish attire. While the No Doubt singer shares a love for cutting-edge fashion with new pop stars like Lady Gaga and Rihanna, she says she doesn't think she was particularly influential on them.

“I don’t see myself in those girls," she said. "I usually put pants on. I see these girls as more going for the sex-symbol thing. I was more, in the band, like a tomboy. Of course, I think every girl is sexy, so there’s going to be a little of that. But I see a lot of younger artists going more toward the sexy thing.”

Gwen also revealed Valentine’s Day is always special for her and Gavin, because the pair -- who have been together for 14 years and married for nine -- enjoyed their first kiss around that time.

She said: “The first time we ever kissed was right around Valentine’s Day - we were in New Orleans on tour. So, yeah, I always think about that because it’s unbelievable that we’ve been able to stay together. I feel so proud of us - it’s one of my biggest achievements.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More