Richard Thompson 'Intimidated' by Bigger Arnold Schwarzenegger

 Tough guy Arnold Schwarzenegger used to become so aggressive during his son's soccer matches he would infuriate the coach, folk singer Richard Thompson - but the musician felt too "intimidated" to reprimand the actor.

British rocker Thompson used to coach his son's soccer team in Los Angeles, the same squad which Wolfgang Schwarzenegger played on. The "Terminator" star would often turn up to watch his son play and he would offend Thompson by shouting out instructions throughout their sessions - but the musician couldn't work up the courage to ask the actor to calm down.
Thompson tells MOJO magazine, "I coached my son's team in Los Angeles. If you have a European accent of any description then you are the coach - you didn't need any other qualification. Actually, I think I was a really good coach..."

"Wolfgang Schwarzenegger (was on the team). Wolfie. Arnold was one of those parents who couldn't stand to be silent on the touchline. He had to micro-manage his son through shouted instructions, sometimes in German. I hate parents who do that. I usually tell them. But I didn't tell Arnie. He's twice as wide as me so I was slightly intimidated. Wolfie was quite good actually..."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More