Katie Price Confirms Splitting From Alex Reid, Calling the Marriage a 'Mistake'

 British model-turned-reality star Katie Price has confirmed her second marriage is over following weeks of press speculation. Price, also known by her glamor modeling alias Jordan, married cage fighter Alex Reid in Las Vegas last year, just months after divorcing Australian singer Peter Andre, the father of two of her children.

Rumors of another marriage break-up have been rife in the U.K. tabloids for weeks, and Price fueled the reports by taking to her Twitter.com page to tell followers the union was in "crisis". The couple has failed to work through its troubles and Price has released a lengthy statement to the British media labeling her latest marriage a "mistake", accusing Reid of trying to cash in on her fame.

The statement reads, "Alex and I have had a number of difficulties over the past few months. I accept that these were in part caused by my marrying too quickly - we all make mistakes and this was one. However, Alex changed from the man I fell in love with, and some of his behavior became difficult for me to understand and caused issues. I have tried to help him with these issues but they have put a considerable strain on our relationship. Our difficulties were also not helped by Alex becoming more fascinated by life in the media eye."

Price also claims that her estranged husband is refusing to leave her English country estate, which has been adapted to suit her blind son Harvey's needs. She adds, "It is true that I have asked Alex to leave the family home and that he will not do so. I would leave myself but the house is equipped for Harvey's needs. Alex would like to portray himself as honorable and I hope he acts that way."

"I am deeply upset that my relationship with Alex has failed but I know it is the right thing for my children and I that we separate. My children are my absolute priority in this and they are being shielded from what is happening."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Alphainventions

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More